Naming convention

Long story short, we have rebranded this project a few times from OM Lira to Omlira and later omChain and now apparently it’s omchain or Omchain.

In this post I wanted to ask what do you think should be the right way of using the name omchain

Initial idea was to have it as Omchain, however because the letter O is apparently looking big next to the letter m and the logomark on the left, our logo is designed in all small letters. Meanwhile, previous naming was omChain because we wanted to imply that it’s a blockchain. However now I’m seeing that naming convention causes a lot of problems because in some areas we write “Omchain” and some “omChain” and our logo says “omchain”.

On this matter I wanted to hear what do you think? Should we keep it as omchain? Or make it omChain back? or use like Omchain? Let me know.

7 Likes

OmChain or OMChain new suggestions. I prefer OmChain.

1 Like

I mean we are open to suggestions. I think our logo is acceptable for now, I might add a few touches to how the name omchain is positioned next to the logomark. Other than that our logo is good.

However, trying to being consistent with that, our brand should be called either omchain or Omchain. When it’s called omchain at the beginning of the sentence, it looks weird. On the other hand, when it’s called Omchain in the mid text, it again looks weird.

omChain or OmChain names look even more weirder because no where in the logo the C is written in capital. I don’t know if we should update the logo or the name. Open to more ideas.

3 Likes

If we write it as omchain at the beginning of the sentence, it will not be started with a lowercase letter.

1 Like

Makes sense, Omchain then.

1 Like

First of all, I am glad that you consulted us on this important issue here. Returning to the subject, I prefer the current name for now. I have done business with a corporate company and I give importance to design as a requirement of my profession. omchain is very successful as a branding power. I think the colors, font, and logo design in the logo were the right choices. omChain creates a perception for me as if it’s a game nickname. We used to use upper and lower case nicknames in games. I think it should continue in its current state.

3 Likes

alright so how should we use the name at the beginning of the sentences?

A few examples;

Welcome to Omchain
or
Welcome to omchain

and

Omchain is a PoA blockchain
or
omchain is a PoA blockchain

Once this is discussed, resolved here I’ll put forward a proposal on the DAO Voting

What’s right seems to me is

Welcome to Omchain
and
Omchain is a PoA blockchain

where both times written in capital O

3 Likes

I don’t think we need to make big changes in the name or the logo either. logo seems fine and people have just got used to the name and the logo after Omlira’s transformation. So, my advice for you is not to make any changes if possible. the capital letter issue is valid for all the projects. I mean people sometimes write #Avax or #avax. Maybe we can make sure that omChain is written with a capital C you have mentioned focusing and trying to take attention that this is a blockchain project. You know how long it takes to update logo, name etc on crypto platforms and a for a project which constantly changes its logo, name I don’t think it is something good for the investors. Let’s keep it the way it is.

3 Likes

I think OMChain is also beautiful. We always give an indication in our coin.

3 Likes

I think no need to change name or logo. Changing things constantly can not be a good perception on users. But if we have to change it, OMChain may be a good approach

Just to be clear again, this topic is NOT FOR CHANGING THE NAME OR THE LOGO This is just for how we should be typing the name. We love the #OMC - #omchain and the logo and wanna keep it forever.

However, how should we write it in the sentence? omChain? OMChain? OmChain? Omchain? omchain? or something else?

3 Likes

My answer is omChain.

can be harpsi except omcHAIN. But I think the most beautiful is OMChain. Are you going to do a survey? Will you decide based on the comments here?

Poll for OpenVote might be a good try…

1 Like

I honestly want to hear all opinions here first, then make a draft under proposals and open a vote for final decision as yes or no.

3 Likes

As I said before, it seems to me a more “cool” idea that it is all lowercase, because of minimalist design trends.

3 Likes

Alright so we could use it all lowercase - except the beginning of the sentences. Would it be acceptable?

2 Likes

we should use Omchain

my answer to this comment is “definitely”.

but I extended the sentence because of the 20 character limit. (:

I don’t think it would be helpful to write it as OMChain so that people can establish the link between Omchain and OMC at first glance.
Exchange users know as OMC, project followers as omchain. I think we should use it in the form of OMChain to gain recognition in both segments.

It’s not possible to use it as OMChain because it simply hurts eyes. Also the later part of the word “hain” after the OMC looks disappeared. As you said people can know it as both OMC and omchain - no problem, similar to BTC and Bitcoin

1 Like